A Beginner’s Guide to Mobile App Development: Steps, Training, and Certification
Mobile app development has gained immense popularity in recent years. In 2022, approximately 6.6 billion people owned smartphones, which accounts for 83.32% of smartphone subscription coverage. On average, people spent about 4-5 hours in apps in Q2 2022. Mobile apps offer a lot of importance, from language learning to banking to gaming to commerce and chatting. If you’re looking to launch a career in mobile app development, this guide will cover all the actions you need to take.
What is Mobile App Development
Mobile application development is the set of processes and procedures involved in writing software for small, wireless computing devices, such as smartphones and other hand-held devices created by mobile app developers.
Steps to Start a Career in Mobile App Development (Training and Certifications)
- First, have a strong passion for mobile app development. It is not enough to merely say it or dream of becoming a mobile app developer; you must want it and have a strong desire and passion because the path you are about to tread is not only narrow but full of thorns.
- Next, get a degree in computer science from a reputable university. It is quite essential to have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Select between Android and iOS to specialize in mobile app development.
How to Become an Android Developer
An Android developer develops applications for the Android platform and writes clean and efficient codes for Android applications. Follow these steps to become a certified Android developer:
- Master Kotlin and Java: In Android’s case, two major programming languages are used – Java and Kotlin. Learning Kotlin is a good place to start because Google has developed the language as a replacement for Java. It has a lot of features that ease the coding process.
- Get familiar with the basics of Android components: It is essential to know these fundamental components and how to work with them to be proficient in developing functional android apps. A well-planned android application development training course will familiarize you with these basic components.
- Understand Android tools: The first tool you need to get acquainted with is Android Studio, which is the official IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for developing android apps. You can write android apps for different devices using Android studio.
- Git: This is employed for coordination among developers, keeping track of changes in the codebase, and going back to the older versions when needed.
- Certificates: The valuable certifications for an Android developer include Android Academy Certified Developer, CompTIA Mobile App Security+ for Android, and Associate Android Developer Certification.
How to Become an iOS Developer
iOS developers build, test, and update applications for iOS-powered devices. They use technologies such as Xcode, a development environment, and Swift, the primary iOS programming language, to build applications. iOS developers design applications for iOS devices from the ground up. Follow the steps below to become an Apple developer:
- The Basics: Learn the rudiments of apple development.
- Learn Courses: Enroll for online courses on Apple development and attend boot camps to get fully underway.
- The Codes: Learn the core programming languages used for Apple development, which are Swift, Xcode, and Objective-C.
- Projects: Embark on numerous projects to test your level of knowledge and apply for internships too. At this stage, you can still.
Expected Salary Range
The demand for mobile app developers continues to rise, and so does the pay. According to PayScale, the average salary for a mobile app developer is $76,167. A certified Android app developer earns an average pay of $119,677, while an iOS developer earns an average of $97,475.
How to Prepare for Certification Exams
Follow these tips to prepare for your certification exams:
- Study vigorously but balance with enough rest.
- Have a mentor that has passed the same exam.
- Practice model questions early while ensuring enough rest.
- Approach the exam with a confident mind.
What to Expect When Building a Career in Mobile App Development
Mobile app development is a challenging but rewarding career path. Expect to expand your knowledge continually, keep up with technological advancements, and persist through frustrating moments. Remember, don’t let frustration win.
Mobile app development is a lucrative and exciting career that requires passion, dedication, and a willingness to constantly learn and adapt. Whether you choose to specialize in Android or iOS development, the steps to becoming a successful mobile app developer are the same: get a degree, learn to code, gain experience, and get certified. With hard work and perseverance, you can build a successful career in this dynamic field.
The mid-18th century industrial revolution in Great Britain gave birth to the industrial design we know today. Small-scale indigenous.